Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 14: First Gear

Jeff says first gear is the most difficult. Once I get through that, the rest will be pie. We will see when he gives me my first driving lesson today in Mount Vernon. Jeff also says that the first runs are brutal. I am supposed to be miserable for the first several weeks as I try to come back to health and fitness. My knees and shins are begging me to stop, but I won't because I believe he is right. And already the second half of the run feels better than the first. Jeff also says I should just jump in and write a blog post, once I get going it will come more easily.  So the next several weeks are a lesson in physical and mental momentum and I will do my best to make it out of first gear.

1 comment:

  1. nice post. good use of "first gear" as a metaphor to tie the opening and closing together. you so smart.

    ReplyDelete